WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY DIVISION
Guided by the mission, vision, and values of the Office of the Attorney General (AGO), the Washington State University Division of the AGO provides high quality professional legal services to assist WSU in achieving its mission and vision to be a leading land grant research university.
- To help WSU personnel make intelligent, well-informed decisions by:
- Routinely providing advice/education on substantive areas of the law regularly encountered at research institutions, such as export control, risk management, sexual harassment, FERPA compliance, research compliance, etc.;
- Providing targeted/problem-specific advice and counsel;
- Assisting in identifying and recommending appropriate ways to mitigate risk;
- Supporting WSU's routine business needs; and
- Assisting in the resolution of legal disputes.
- To provide WSU with high quality legal representation when its decisions result in litigation.
WASHINGTON STATE OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
The Office of the Attorney General will provide excellent, independent, and ethical legal services to the State of Washington and protect the rights of its people.
The Office of the Attorney General will be the best public law office in the United States.
All staff in the Office of the Attorney General are guided by the following core values: 1) We will deliver high quality legal services and remember that we serve the people of Washington; 2) We will conduct ourselves with integrity, professionalism, civility, and transparency; and 3) We will promote a collegial and diverse workplace that values, respects, and supports our employees.